Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Nosefrida - The Snotsucker

You want me to put THAT in my mouth and suck?! No, I'm not talking about the opening scene from your typical 80s movie - two zitty, curious teens in the back of their parent's Caddy loosing their "innocence".  I succumbed to buying a Nosefrida. It's true - I did. These things are AMAZINGUSTING. It's that simple. Yes, yes, the whole concept is GROSS - actually putting one end of a contraption in your babies nose and the other in your mouth, so you can slowly suck out the boogery, snotty, mess of a situation that babies "store" in their noses when they're sick!

I blame Facebook for this purchase. No, Facebook didn't insert some ad for the Nosefrida... they generally reserve those spots for cloth diapers, nursing schools, and health snacks - boy, have they got me all wrong ;) What someone did was start some viral post about cutting open a suction bulb to find a forest of fungus - well, mold really. Of course, I had to get mine and cut it open (duh), making it now a useless (and totally clean and mold free) piece of recyclable rubber.

The Nosefrida works - it does... unlike the bulbs and battery operated aspirators. What makes it even more amazing is that you can make a game out of the "desnotting" process. When my boys saw me coming at them with the dreaded fear-inducing, tantrum-provoking blue bulb, they would immediately throw their hands up, shake their heads, and of course, scream their demonic little heads off. With the Nosefrida, I come at them and we play the "tickles" game - they just laugh while I suck and suck and suck, filling the tube full of wondrous, sometimes yellow sometimes clear, guck. GAG. It's quite the picture, ugh.

So yes, AMAZING and DISGUSTING. A product I wish I would have bought from day one. If you're expecting, put one on your registry IMMEDIATELY. While I wish Nosefrida were paying me to say all of this, they're not - it's just one consumer's humble opinion.

I will leave you with this thought...as I linked the product at the beginning of this blog, I noticed another product on their page, "The Windi". The packaging had a rear-facing baby bent over. While I didn't look to see the product specifics, I can only imagine you'd be tapping your baby like I once tapped a keg.
Until next time friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment